Land Contamination and Reclamation - special issue
Special issue of "Land Contamination & Reclamation" (Land Contamination & Reclamation, 17 (3-4) 2009, EPP Publications Ltd.) edited by Gruiz, Katalin and Meggyes, Tamás came out at the beginning of 2010 with the title: "Innovative decision-support tools for risk-based environmental management". It is based on the developments of the Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology research group of the Budapest University of Technology and Economics.
30 Hungarian and 15 European researchers summarizes in the double issue on 420 pages, in 8 chapters, in 42 articles the new results of the research and development of new engineering tools necessary for risk based and sustainable environmental management and decision making.
The published innovative engineering tools were developed in the following research and development projects:
1. MOKKA: Innovative Engineering Tools for Risk Based Environmnetal Management
2. EURODEMO: European Coordination Action for Demonstration of Efficient Soil and Groundwater Remedation.
3. DIFPOLMINE: Diffuse Pollution of Mining Origin
4. BÁNYAREM: Risk Reduction of Diffuse Pollution of Mining Origin
5. LOKKOCK: Soil testing methods for site specific risk assessment
In the attachment you can see the Table of Contents of the Special Issue of LCR.